Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation History
The Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation was formed in January 2003. The goal was to support the Delmarva region’s school systems and the education programs that would benefit the residents and businesses in Delmarva. The Foundation accrues funds through grants, gifts, and fundraising to help support the residents and businesses of Delmarva.
The mission of the Foundation is to address the community’s needs and improve the quality of life for its residents by striving to promote economic, workforce development, and educational opportunities while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation Scholarship Fund
The scholarship was established to provide additional educational funding for members and family members of the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Salisbury Area Chamber Foundation received 501(c)3 status, allowing for donations to the Foundation to be tax deductible.
The Salisbury Area Chamber Foundation Scholarship Fund has received significant support from the Pohanka Automotive Group of Salisbury and past board presidents Memo Diriker and Stephanie Willey.We seek support in the form of direct donations to the scholarship fund and support for the fund-raising activities held throughout the year.
To donate, click the link above and choose “Other Fund.”
Please note “SACC Foundation Scholarship Fund” in the comments section.
YES! I want to APPLY for a SACC Foundation Scholarship!
The objective of the Foundation Scholarship Fund is to further each recipient’s education at a certified college, professional, technical, vocational, or business school that will enhance the recipient’s ability to impact the Delmarva business community positively.
The award is $1,000 yearly for up to four years of study or a one-time time award for trade scholarships.
Candidates to be considered will meet the following:
- The applicant is a member of the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce, an employee of a member of the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce, or a relative of a Chamber member. The Chamber member must be a member in good standing for at least one year prior to the candidate applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant is a Delmarva resident who plans to stay or return to Delmarva once their studies are complete.
- The applicant may already be enrolled in the program at the time of application.
- The applicant will consistently have demonstrated the following qualities in school, in the community, or on the job: The student should possess a good attitude, excellent attendance record, enthusiasm, reliability, punctuality, community involvement, a good work ethic, and a successful academic record.
- Scholarship awards may be spent at either in-state or out-of-state institutions.
- Awards will be paid directly to the institutions.
- Scholarship recipients must request the award annually by providing evidence to the Chamber of maintaining a 2.0 GPA or equivalent and maintaining a commitment to remain in Delmarva.
- Scholarship payments will end after the awarded amount is delivered or if the recipient discontinues the program at any time.
November 2023 – The application process opens
February 2024 – The application deadline is February 28, 2024
March 2024 – The selection committee selects winners
April 2024 – The scholarship awards are announced
The following must be included with your application:
- Completed scholarship application
- Two letters of recommendation: One from your school and one from a community member (non-family)
- A brief essay of 400 words or less on why you should be considered for this scholarship and how you plan to give back to the Delmarva Community when you graduate. May include pictures of completed work if applicable.
Stephanie Willey 410-726-2041 or email@example.com
Karri Todd 443-521-0978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our donors!